Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halfway Done

I can't decide how I feel about this.  It's a bittersweet feeling that I'm halfway through my semester in Hawaii.  On one hand, I'm a little upset because everything is going by so quickly and my time in paradise is half over.  But on the other hand, I'm ready to get back to Illinois and resume "normal" life.  See all my family and friends that I've gone two months without.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe this is the longest I've ever been without seeing my parents/family. Unless you count Skype.

Thank God for technology.

On a scholastic note: MIDTERMS ARE OVER!  It's incredible how much I studied for this week from hell.  I had two quizzes and an exam last week, an exam Monday, a midterm Tuesday, and a midterm today (Thursday).  I studied like I'd never studied before.  I even stayed in on a perfect beach day Saturday to study.  The scores I've gotten back so far have rewarded my hard work and reflected my time put into those classes.

My midterm today was for my hardest/most hated class - Genetics.  I always seem lost in that class and no matter how much I study there's always some small detail my prof puts into quizzes that I have no idea about.  But that midterm went surprisingly better than I thought it was going to be.  I'm praying that I get a decent grade.

Getting away from academic  territory, my family is going to be here in... 15 days!  Less than two weeks!  I've been studying so much focusing on school I didn't realize how close this date was.

Now I have to make an itenerary for them on what to do.  Hopefully my school load won't be that big so I can have some fun with them!

Speaking of family, Tawni's family is here right now.  They just flew in a few days ago and I haven't seen them much but I'm sure they're having a blast.  I knew Tawni was so excited about them coming and now they're here reunited in the beautiful paradise island.

All I know is that time goes by very very quickly on this island.  Take it as you wish.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment